This salad is a Valant family favorite and I’m excited to share it with you today!
While it’s light and perfect for the hot summer months, it’s hearty and filling at the same time.
We’ve got crunchy and fresh veggies topped with warm delicious noodles and a protein of your choice. In this recipe I used grilled chicken thighs, but I can promise it’s amazing with tofu or salmon as well!
If you enjoy typical asian flavors you will love this super simple salad.
It’s great for food prep as well!
Simply make the noodle mixture and protein ahead of time. Keep them in separate containers in the fridge until you are ready to assemble on top of your raw veggies!
I used a combination of romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and edamame beans, but this is also wonderful with bell pepper or cabbage!
I also used a brown rice ramen noodle in today’s recipe, but I have been known to use regular spaghetti quite often and it works beautifully! I also love this with soba noodles, so use what tastes best to you.
Asian Chicken Salad
- Chicken thighs (or preferred protein) I marinated the chicken in a bottled teriyaki sauce for extra flavor!
- One packet brown rice ramen noodles (or any preferred noodle) You'll need about 1/2 cup per serving
- Shelled edamame beans 1/4 cup per serving
- Salad base Combination of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Cook your protein as needed so it is fully cooked
- Cook your noodles per package directions
- Assemble the base of your salad
- Mix together the dressing ingredients (olive oil through soy sauce). This is the quantity needed for one serving. You'll want to increase it per servings needed.
- Pour 2/3 of the dressing over the noodles and mix those together
- Assemble your salad with veggies, then noodles, then protein
- Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the salad