I love these energy bites.
There is no other way to say it!
They are full of nutritious whole grains, protein and healthy fat, meaning they will keep give you a burst of energy that your body will sustain. They won’t give you the typical sugar high and crash you get from store bought processed granola bars and they taste delicious!
Plus, the base is chocolate, which can never be a bad thing 😉.
Here are a few things to note about these Double Coconut Energy Bites:
- The double coconut comes from the melted coconut oil and the shredded coconut. There aren’t great replacements for these so if you aren’t a coconut fan I recommend using another of my energy ball recipes in UNLIMITED!
- These do need to stay refrigerated until you eat them. The coconut oil melts at room temperature and these bites will get soft as they warm up.
- The base includes your favorite chocolate protein powder, which gives them the delicious chocolatey flavor and loads of protein! Here is the brand I use.
- These would be great with dried cranberries or even mini chocolate chips mixed in.
They work great as a pre or post workout snack, or simply a mid-afternoon pick me up!
I hope you love them too.
Double Coconut Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter (drippy almond butter works best)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- You should be able tor roll into balls at this point. If it's too dry, add one more tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- Roll into equal size balls and place apart on a plate.
- Place in fridge and chill for at least an hour.