Eggs are one of my top five favorite foods.
They are delicious, full of nutrients, packed with protein and can be served in so many different ways!
This Crustless Quiche is one of my favorites.
I whipped it up for a simple dinner the other night and it was a big hit! Serve it with a side salad or pair it with more traditional breakfast foods and it would be the pride of any breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner table.
Some notes about this Crustless Quiche recipe:
- I use more eggs and less milk than many crustless quiche recipes call for. I personally like it more this way as it gives more protein and a less watery consistency. If you like more of a traditional quiche texture you can up the milk to 3/4 cup.
- The add in’s can be changed for your flavor preferences! You can switch up the meat or leave it out completely. You can trade spinach for broccoli or change the cheese (goat cheese would be delicious!). I would recommend following the general guide for the amount of toppings listed below. If you use too many it can affect how the eggs cook.
- I personally like to sprinkle the cheese on top because otherwise I find it falls to the bottom. That being said, many recipes call for simply mixing it in before pouring the mixture in the baking dish. Either way should work!
- This stores well for a few days in the refrigerator. I used it for a great quick breakfast two days in a row after serving it for dinner!
This is a simple and easy to make dish that definitely overdelivers on nutrients and flavor! I highly recommend adding it in your meal rotation.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup cooked diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 inch glass pie dish with cooking spray (you can also use a casserole dish or square baking dish - you may have to adjust your cooking time)
- Whisk together your eggs and milk in a large bowl
- Add all other ingredients except cheese
- Pour this mixture into your baking dish
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of the mixture
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through