Pies and candy and cookies, oh my!
This time of year is tough and tasty, my friends.
There are treats everywhere you turn and it can be hard to say no sometimes.
That brownie would go perfect with an afternoon coffee in the break room at the office.
The last piece of pumpkin pie needs to be eaten and tastes perfect straight out of the pan after the kids are in bed at night.
Cut out sugar cookies are a family tradition every year, and this year is no different.
I get it!
I’m not telling you to deprive yourself and skip your yearly neighborhood cookie exchange.
I’m just recommending we add another tradition to the mix.
One that includes chocolate but doesn’t include the guilt!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are the perfect addition to any holiday party, meal or get together.
There is no added sugar, and the sweetness only comes from the chocolate itself. The coconut oil adds a little healthy fat, and the small size of the chocolate bites is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you with a sugar hangover.
And you won’t believe how easy they are to make!
The hardest part is planning ahead and ordering the silicone molds, but if you do it now, you’ll be ready by the time the real holiday partying starts.
I purchased mine on Amazon. I simply searched “silicone candy mold” and a plethora of shapes and sizes popped up. I chose mini hearts, shells and stars, but you can chose whatever shape your heart desires.
All you will need is your choice of chocolate (milk or dark – or go for white chocolate to be different and festive!), coconut oil and some different nut butters.
You could be really creative and use raspberry or strawberry preserves instead of the nut butter to create a chocolate strawberry truffle!
Keep in mind they will melt slightly at room temperature. Just keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve! And make sure you transfer them directly to your mouth so they don’t melt on your fingers :).
Create a new tradition by adding these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites to your holiday plate. Happy Holidays!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips milk, dark or white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- nut butter of choice I used peanut butter and almond butter
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together slowly in a double boiler
- Stir until silky smooth
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each mold, creating the bottom layer
- Place the molds in the freezer until set (10 minutes or so)
- Place a dollop of nut butter in each mold, on top of the frozen chocolate
- Pour another small amount of chocolate onto each dollop of nut butter, forming the top layer
- Place in the freezer again until set (20 minutes or so)
- Quickly pop the bites out of the molds and place in a single layer in an air tight container or Ziplock bag. Place back in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.